Act 34 (PA Criminal History) Website
Note: This clearance may not be used for paid employment purposes.
- PA State Police website at https://epatch.state.pa.us Response is immediate.
- Click on the Request for Criminal Record Check VOLUNTEER ONLY – Clearance is Free of Charge
- Please be sure to print the actual credential by clicking on the control number issued.
Act 151 (Child Abuse) Website
Note: This certification may not be used for paid employment purposes.
- You may apply online at: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- Create an account
- Reason for certification: volunteer having contact with children – Clearance is Free of Charge
- Once your application has been processed, you will receive a notification via email to log in to your account and view the outcome/result of the application.
Act 114 (FBI Fingerprinting) Website and Physical Location
*YOU ARE EXEMPT FROM THIS CLEARANCE IF YOU AFFIRM THE FOLLOWING:
- Continuously resided in PA for 10 years
- Swears in writing (click for exemption form) that he/she has never been convicted of a disqualifying crime in PA., or the corresponding offenses under the laws of any other jurisdiction
- Register online with Payment of $27.00 (credit card) at pa.cogentid.com. Once on the main site, you must click on the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) block.
- Reason for Clearance: Area Vocational Technical School
If you need further assistance, please call 784-8040, extension 3322.
The law now requires all school employees, contractors and volunteers having direct contact with children to obtain new certifications (child abuse background check, state and federal criminal history checks) every 60 months.