Students: [Welcome Video here]
Why would students want to join SkillsUSA?
- Build Confidence
- Enhance your Resume
- Explore career paths
- Obtain scholarships and work opportunities
- Network with peers, teacher, mentors and industry representatives.
- Achieve a sense of accomplishment and belonging.
- Develop teamwork experience.
- Practice hands-on application of skills.
- Participate in local, state or national competitions.
Why would parents want their child involved in SkillsUSA? (Check out this link: https://www.skillsusa.org/get-involved/parents/)
- Participate in meaningful career exploration.
- Be part of a high-quality peer group.
- Take advantage of internship, mentorship and employment opportunities,
- Learn useful skills to be self-sufficient and self-supporting.
- Discover opportunities for scholarships, grants or prizes.
- Avoid unnecessary student loan debt.
- Become a more highly engaged student and citizen.
- Made education and career choices that are validated by industry.
- Develop career readiness skills like effective communication, teamwork and problem solving.
Business and Industry:
Why would an employer want to become involved in SkillsUSA?
- Build a pipeline of talented entry-level workers for their company and industry.
- Hire students who have learned personal, workplace and technical skills.
- Recruit employees who have already earned industry or workplace credentials.
- Retain these skilled employees, saving time and ensuring greater profitability.
- Build connections with students who are the talent pipeline of the future.
- Build brand loyalty among students who are their future customers or employees.
- Create entrepreneurial connections with students.
- Network with others within their industry.
- Provide internships, mentorship opportunities or apprenticeships.
- Create community networks and build positive public relations for their company.
The SkillsUSA mission is built upon — and its success depends on —the commitment of our members and partners to the following values:
SkillsUSA produces the most highly skilled workforce in the world, providing every member the opportunity for career success.